Are you passionate about supporting local start-up businesses?
Would you like to help individuals achieve their business goals and dreams?
Are you looking for a role where you get job satisfaction every day?
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for an individual to support communities in Tayside by facilitating the creation of new start businesses and support the growth of existing enterprises.
Unsure what a Business Out-Reach Adviser does? Well, as part of the Business Gateway offering, you will play an instrumental role in delivering enhanced business support throughout the region. You will forge connections in the local communities both in city centres and rural areas and become the go-to Business Gateway contact for clients and professional partners.
This position suits a personable, well networked and methodical individual that is also a great listener and has a good understanding of the local business landscape. You would be based from either our Dundee or Perth office, whilst being out and about visiting key locations for roughly three days of each week. Your duties would include – but are not limited to:
- Meeting with local businesses to understand their needs, then providing high quality practical and up-to-date advice.
- Develop a referral route from the chosen areas to the wider Business Gateway Tayside team
- Develop a calendar of activity in the chosen areas – this will include hosting coffee mornings, networking events, business talks, mini workshops, eco-system meet ups, liaising with business associations etc.
- Support the Business Gateway Start Up team to support start-ups, respond to enquiries, deliver workshops, facilitate networking events etc. where required
- Lead on a programme of publicity and outreach engagement ensuring that you establish and maintain a high profile and visibility
- Engage with other business support organisations to build relationships and referral channels
- Updating our CRM system to accurately document support provided
We're Asking For...
- An individual with experience of working with, and providing support to, businesses and potential entrepreneurs
- Strong administration skills, time management skills and excellent reporting writing with attention to detail
- Customer-focused with excellent organisational, interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills with the ability to work to tight and often conflicting deadlines and secure positive outcomes for our clients.
- Do you have with a business-related qualification, or have you gained valuable experience from having run your own business? If the answer is yes, this could well be the perfect role for you!
- A full UK driving licence is a must!
- Pension Plan – opt in. Aviva – 8% employer contribution, 5% employee.
- AXA Healthcare – including annual allowance towards optical and dental costs.
- Annual allowance for gym/ activity membership costs and cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced holiday allowance - including an additional day off for your birthday!
- Live, Health and Travel insurance.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please fill out the below application form, attaching an updated CV to send to our team by Thursday 30th June at 5pm.
If you have any questions, please email these directly to email@example.com
Elevator is an Equal Opportunities Employer.